Old 28-04-2006, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default ... images of ordinary uk gardens

"K" wrote
Sue writes

snip
As we're talking about photos can I ask if anyone has any
recommendations for a good digital camera that will take decent close
ups (insects, individual flowers etc) as well as ordinary outdoor
garden shots and indoor pics. Something up to about £200?

Look at some of the Olympus - as well as a 'macro' mode they have a
'supermacro' which is down to a couple of inches - excellent for
insects etc. I have a C-310 which is below your budget. Only niggle is
that the supermacro won't work with flash, and low light level is far
more damaging to focus that camera shake. But it does what I want -
simple 'point and click' which works equally well for holiday snaps,
indoor pics (in my case, cave pics), and close ups of flowers for
later identification.

snip

I didn't know there were so many different makes and types of camera
until I tentatively started looking! This sounds just the sort of thing
I'm looking for - will check them out. Thanks Kay, and also to Martin
for the review site link.

--
Sue