Old 15-03-2003, 05:08 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default drooping crocii - help

On 11 Mar 2003 06:51:25 -0800, Katharine Mill wrote:

Should I have planted my bulbs deeper? A number of my crocus plants
have assumed a horizontal position now they're in flower. Since I have
a tiny, walled city garden I can't see high winds being to blame...

Is this normal or can anyone suggest a reason and/or remedy?

They may be a little drawn from insufficient sun, with
longer-than-normal stems as a result. QED

Also, some crocuses just do that. C. speciosus (an autumn
bloomer) is notorious for not doing well in rough weather.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada