Old 29-04-2006, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default compost for home delivery

Further my earlier posting and following a link provided in another thread
in this newsgroup, I found the following which may be a start :-))

1. Peter Bray
Peter Bray is the Home Compost Advisor for Bradford, Kirklees and Sheffield
http://www.wrap.org.uk/recyclenow/ho...osting/in_your... (similar
pages)
Last updated: Tue 18 Apr 2006

2. Sheffield City Council
Sheffield City Council is working with WRAP (the Waste & Resources Action
Programme) to encourage people throughout the UK to home compost. Please see
below for the home compost bins on offer in your area.
http://www.wrap.org.uk/recyclenow/ho...osting/in_your... (similar
pages)
Last updated: Mon 27 Feb 2006

:-))

Hope that helps

The link will cover all the UK just feed your Post Code in.

Mike
www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007

"Mike" wrote in message

.

Your location may help a budding web wizard find you a local supplier?

ah...Sheffield!

Does Sheffield have a recycling scheme which includes garden waste? (Might
be done by a contractor)

We have a superb scheme here on the Isle of Wight, which would appear to

be
far superior than some other Islands by the way, but we can have a 1 cubic
metre builders bag of compost delivered for £35.00.

As a guide for distance, the plant is as near as damb it in the middle of
the Island and as the Island is 23 miles by 13, their 'maximum' delivery
distance would be up to about 12 miles.

Any other Council offering this facility?

Mike