Old 29-04-2006, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
VX

Default An unpleasant experience with T&M

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:42:22 +0100, BAC wrote
(in message ):

...And don't be surprised if, sometimes, the delivery of a Recorded
Delivery item is not actually recorded. ...

Not only is Recorded Delivery not always recorded, it is not always delivered
either!

Although it costs more I would only use Special Delivery (previously called
Registered Post) for anything that I wanted to be fairly sure is actually
delivered, and that delivery documented. Recorded Delivery is normal post but
(usually) with a signature- not necessarily always delivered to the address
or person on the envelope, nor necessarily signed for by anybody that can be
identified or traced afterwards. It is only as reliable as normal post but
it's more effort, costs extra and guarantees nothing.

--
VX (remove alcohol for email)