Old 15-03-2003, 05:56 AM
Repeating Decimal

Default Water Restrictions

in article , George
at
wrote on 3/14/03 7:52 PM:

In metro Denver.......No watering except for trees and shrubs. Fines to
$500 apply. Reservoirs are at 43% capacity and dropping. There goes my
garden for this year. I'll set out a few tomato plants and hope for
rain, but if it's anything like last year, it's futile. Reminds me of
1933.

I hear that hydroponic gardening is easy on water usage. And I believe that
it should be. Nevertheless, every time I have to top off my reservoir when
transpiration take my water, I become doubtful. It happens about once or
twice a week depending upon how hot it is. Maybe I use about 20 gallons each
time for a 6 by 8 foot greenhouse.

Has there been a definitive study on comparing hydroponic water usage
compared to drip irrigation?
\
Bill