Old 15-03-2003, 06:21 AM
zxcvbob

Default Water Restrictions

I don't think that would hold up in court. (Of course, who wants to be
the test case?) They charge you for sewer service, don't they? At
least where I live, sewer rates are based on *winter* water usage only,
because it is assumed not all water used in the summer ends up in the
sewer. Therefore, water and sewer are somewhat independant. I pay for
water, and I pay to have the waste water taken away; I don't just pay a
"usage fee" or rental. Maybe yours is different, but I doubt it.

I'm not talking intentionally generating artificially vast amounts of
waste water to water your lawn, I'm talking about a few gallons a week
to keep a few plants alive.

BTW, you have my condolences.

Regards,
Bob

George wrote:

Gray water is not legally owned by me. The water thet splashes off of
my body during a shower is owned by someone downstream. That's the
law......however impossible to enforce. The mayor was distributing
buckets until this legality was made known via the news media.

--
Have a Windows® computer that is powered on for hours at a time? Join
the search for a cure for cancer: http://grid.org/projects/cancer/