Old 29-04-2006, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default Pond - fish - cats

"BoyPete" wrote
I am in the last stages of finishing a pond, and hopefully will introduce
fish this weekend or next. But, lately I have noticed a neighbours cat
sitting on my garden wall....................looks like it could be
problem. I recall my dad using one of those electronic cat deterrent
things......totally useless. Any suggestions for humanely keeping the
little beggar away appreciated.

I've only ever heard of one cat that consistently caught Goldfish so what
are you worried about?
A heron will take the lot!
I've even heard of young fish in a garden pond being taken by a Kingfisher.
A hot humid thundery night might kill the lot if it's a pond full of
(de)oxygenating plants!
A frog with Red Leg will infect and kill your fish nastily.
Unless you are very unlucky a cat is not going to be your problem.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden