Old 30-04-2006, 07:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default Pond - fish - cats

"BoyPete" wrote in message
I am in the last stages of finishing a pond, and hopefully will introduce
fish this weekend or next. But, lately I have noticed a neighbours cat
sitting on my garden wall....................looks like it could be
problem. I recall my dad using one of those electronic cat deterrent
things......totally useless. Any suggestions for humanely keeping the
little beggar away appreciated.
--
ßôyþëtë

I have a Siamese (tom) that systematically visits a neighbours pond and
kills all fish (and probably a few frogs). The pond is now netted.
I do not have a lot of sympathy with anyone that imprisons fish in a *small*
garden pond.
A well designed large pond presents a problem to both cats and herons.
Sorry to be such a bitch but a natural wildlife pond is really interesting,
whereas a small fish pond must be one of the most boring and tortuous
devices ever invented. Blame it on C.Dimock