Old 30-04-2006, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback

Default Any hope for me, or my garden

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message
A beautiful day, worked hard in the garden. Prepared a seed bed and sowed
pickling onions, lettuce and beetroot. Similarly planted main crop
potatoes. All these were fed chicken manure and growmore. On returning my
tools etc. to the garage, there was the growmore, bl**dy laughing at me,
I'd used lawn spring feed, weed and moss killer instead. I accept there is
not much hope for me, but what about the garden?
--
Please do not reply to this Email address,
as all Emails are deleted before opened.

You have my deepest sympathy and total admiration for announcing to the
world what a Prat you have been:-)
I agree with Sacha's comments and I do not think all is lost. The feed bit
of weed/feed will be fine. The weed bit if hosed off the leaves should be
OK-but you need to be quick.
I trust you will accept advice from an idiot who once filled his car
radiator with petrol.

Thanks for the sympathy and advice, am I to understand the the weed bit
only works on existing leaves? If so then as the seeds and spuds have
not yet started growing that I may be ok? I am afraid that hosing with
lots of water is not viable. :-) It is wet here this am, but not really
raining, just that horrible almost mist fine drizzle, enough to make it
not worthwhile to go for a walk in the Peak District as planned.