Old 30-04-2006, 11:17 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Nicole

Default Weed killer for lawns???

liquid dish detergent can be used as a surfactant
"Steveo" wrote in message
What is a good weed killer for lawn applications? I've been using a
broad leaf killer to get rid of my dandylions, but that obviously
doesn't do anything for the other stuff. In particular, I have patches
of clover in some areas of the lawn. I'd like to just spot treat them.
I got my dandylions under control, now if I see a few here and there,
I just spray a small amount of Tri-mec broad leaf spray on them and
they are gone in a couple of days. The lawn looks great except for the
few patches of clover. Any suggestions?
Cleveland, Oh.

Hi Rich.

You sorta answered your own question with the three way or trimec not
working for your clover...that, along with the other HTC's have a waxy
cuticle.

You need to add some spreader-sticker to your mix in order to get your
control product to cling to the waxy foliage. That's why weed and feed
powders are less than effective on those crawlers.

Email me for the recipe if you need it.