Old 30-04-2006, 01:49 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst

Default Crab grass!

Thanks for all the replies. I live in SE PA and did not expect to see crab
grass this early, but there it is.

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message

"Chas Hurst" wrote in message
The crab grass slipped in on my lawn this spring. I have sprayed Ortho
crab grass killer on it with very dissapointing results. It was left over
from last year. Does it have a shelf life once opened? Are there other
brands of crab grass killer that work better?

Chas Hurst

Where do you live? It seems very early for crabgrass in most of the US.

To answer your question, there are a number of varieties of crabgrass
killer. The one I like is Image. I had a huge amount of crabgrass in my
new zoysia last summer. I sprayed it with Image in one of the hose end
applicators and the crabgrass was noticably damaged in a week or so and
completely gone in 3 weeks or so.