Old 30-04-2006, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

Default Oh dear, new gardeners!

"Sacha" wrote in message
oups.com...

Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , echinosum
writes

More dishonest is selling tender shrubs mixed in with the hardy shrubs
and without giving any info on them. My local garden centre (in the
Chilterns) is currently selling Sollya heterophylla.

My Sollya has been out over winter for three years now . I grew it from
a cutting but apart for a little damage to the end of the stems it comes
through fine. It's not against the edge of the house and is apparently
healthy again this year.

You're lucky! I lost one of those in quite a mild frost in the
courtyard of my Jersey garden. We have friends who grow it
successfully in Salcombe but their garden is right on the sea.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Mine died this year :~( not really hardy just something worth trying some
years.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk