Old 30-04-2006, 11:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst

Default Crab grass!

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Chas Hurst" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Chas Hurst" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Chas Hurst" wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. I live in SE PA and did not expect to
see crab grass this early, but there it is.

I kind of doubt it. Can you post a pic of it here?

http://tinypic.com

Let's try this one.
http://i2.tinypic.com/wttvdf.jpg

Nope, that's not crabgrass, it looks kind of like a fresh cut annual
grass but it's hard to tell from that pic.

OK, hows about this? Where can I find a picture of crabgrass?
http://i2.tinypic.com/wufrqv.jpg

Hrmm..maybe quackgrass too. Here's a url to some common grass weeds.

http://tinyurl.com/rhezu

Thanks for the link. I b'lieve most of what I have is annual rye grass. I
re-seeded some spots last fall and apparently it was in the mix. I bought
what I thought was quality seed and there was no listing of annual rye grass
on the assay label. Anyway, I can live with the rye since it's an annual and
it gets mowed regularly hopefully keeping it from going to seed.