Old 01-05-2006, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Head Gardener for Gardener's World wanted

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from Mr Big contains these words:

OK then.

We now have some so called gardening presenters and a head gardener ??

As a head gardener nowadays is a suit and tie job.

It isn't. Head gardeners I know (real life, not media) wear jeans
(both sexes).

So who actually does all the work.

IRL, Head gardeners and their team.

I was looking at the Abbey Gardens site yesterday and saw that while
Mike Nelhams who is the Curator of the garden does many lecture tours,
as we knew, so does the Head Gardener *and* the Propagator does cruise
lectures. Obviously, these can be jobs with both more interest and
more lucrative interest than many of us had realised!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk