Old 01-05-2006, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default Doesn't anybody......?

"Sue" wrote in message
Doesn't anybody grow cleomes then?

I recently posted a question about germinating cleomes but had no replies.

I have grown them from seed for a few seasons now but have always had
limited success with germination. At best sparse and at worst not a
sausage.....well not a cleome at any rate.

I do may best to follow recommendations on packet and have used new seed
each time but not necessarily from same stable.

Any ideas please?

Sue W.

--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
email address is "thewoodies2 at ntlworld dot com"

OK-- I grew these once many moons ago and I do not remember having any
problems. Never tried then since because I don't like them (sorry).
I do not believe your technique will be at fault as you do not appear to be
alone in having problems. My guess is that there is a batch of poor seed
around. The only other bit of info I found is that germination is better if
the temperature oscillates by 10F between night and day (perhaps it's true)
Flash the cash and this site may give you an explanation:-)
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/479244/

Do let us know what you find out.