Old 01-05-2006, 03:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
hob

Default Mole Problem

I have had them in the city - used gas grenades, poison pellets, and the
like with no success-

finally got the old mole trap out of the barn on the farm - end of problem

It's one of those 4-pronged type, available from farm and garden stores,
where you pull the handle up and set a flap plate under the trigger.
Hint - I got a new one, and its spring is weaker than the older one, so
if you have hard soil, you need to either add a heavy weight to the handle
or make sure the prongs are over the surface tunnel. (You push down the
tunnel only above the trap itself, so when the mole comes by and pushes it
back up, the trap is tripped)

fwiw

"Myrl Jeffcoat" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a herd of moles that are tunneling beneath my lawn. I
understand that moles are supposed to be solitary creatures, but I have
a hard time believing one critter could be this destructive.

Occassionally, the dog in the yard next door will dig one up, so I know
it is actually moles, that are doing the damage.

I've tried the little wind driven decorator devices that make the
ground clatter, I've tried pouring clorox down their holes. I've tried
eradicating any worm and bug problem, I may have, hoping to remove any
mole food source. . .All to no avail. This has been going on for
several years now!

Help!

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com