Old 01-05-2006, 06:42 PM posted to rec.gardens,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions
Sue

Default Why Don't Kids Do Chores Anymore?

"Banty" wrote in message
I ran into similar things getting babysitting. I arrange babysitting for

my
bowling night. Back when I was babysitting, such an arrangement meant

that
Thursday nights are spoken for, period. As a parent, I found that I'd get

calls
from my regular babysitter if there was a club meeting or something that

night.

So anymore, before my son got big, I'd hire kids for one-off chores or

single
babysitting nights, only. Can't make any continuing arrangement.
Disappointing.

My oldest daughter would love to babysit, but today's mommies don't tend to
leave the baby's side for a minute. So finding customers has been rather
hard for her. She has a news paper route though.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)