Old 01-05-2006, 08:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Watering a tree with no well

"Richard Miller" wrote in message
I'm going to put a row of trees down each side of my yard and put about 6
or 8 trees on each side for a privacy hedge. I didn't want to make 16
wells which can be a lot of work not to mention that it's not the look I
want. So how can I water the trees once I plant then and put the grass
back around them?

Richard

- Soaker hose

- A sprinkler set on very low so it just trickles

- Best idea: A Rain Wand:
http://www.dramm.com/html/main.isx?sub=18

Puts out LOTS of water, but breaks it up like a shower head, so it has time
to soak in, instead of puddling (unless your soil's atrocious).