Old 01-05-2006, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
VX

Default Head Gardener for Gardener's World wanted

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 6:06:15 +0100, Brian Watson wrote
(in message ):

"Sacha" wrote in message
ups.com...
In a trade mag. today " Seven months contract. Responsible for
maintaining and developing the BBC's flagship garden at Berryfields in
Warwickshire, you'll need to balance the demands of a hands-on
gardening role with the ability to manage a small off-screen team.

You mean the presenters don't really do all the planning and work they
pretend to do?

Gasp!

I must be a bit naive, or maybe I just like to think these people are for
real.

So, what this implies is- (correct me if I'm wrong)-

when I watch Gardener's World and I see these various tv gardeners apparently
all working quite hard to maintain the Berryfields garden and explaining what
they are doing for the benefit of the viewers, and the camera neatly moves
from one gardener doing one thing to another gardener doing another, it is
not only stage managed so that it all dovetails together fairlly neatly in
order to make it into a tv programme, BUT ALSO they are not really
maintaining the garden as they appear to be but are in fact PRETENDING and it
is really being done by others! It's all contrived and they are in fact
acting. Sorry, I need to say it in order to comprehend and believe it.....

--
VX (remove alcohol for email)