Old 01-05-2006, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default Wormeries !

"The Invalid" wrote in message
On 1 May 2006 06:50:32 -0700, wrote:

Get some chickens.
Feed them all your waste food and they give you lovely eggs and
activator for the compost bin.

That is actually a good idea. We live in the Dublin suburbs and do
have foxes so it will take some organising. I reckon it will be a year
or more before we get it together.

Have you seen the 'Egglu'?
Its brilliant and some friends of mine got one several months ago and
now get 2 fresh eggs every day
http://www.omlet.co.uk/products_serv...?view=Chickens

Its a bit expensive but a great idea

Bloomin heck a lot expensive. Can you buy them on a mortgage?

We also went and got a letter shredder from our local DIY shop and now
use shredded paper for our chickens bedding which then goes straight
into the compost!