Old 01-05-2006, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default Bare-legged hebe

"Small Red Robin" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks Jenny. Going by what Alan T says, does that mean that the brown
bits at the bottom of the hebe is actually frost damaged growth? I'm
still a little nervous about how much I should cut down given so much
of it is damaged (but it is just past April now so I guess now is the
time to do it). How much would you suggest I take off, looking at that
picture? Will this type recover from a chop back to 15cm above ground
level?

I don't know if its frost damage or just old age - I think the latter.
When in doubt, prune only half the shrub :~)
I tend to prune most things really hard. Stuff seems rto survive!
Jenny