Old 01-05-2006, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian Watson

Default compost for home delivery

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:43:20 GMT, "Eleni"
wrote:

I'm trying to find somewhere that will deliver some peat free general
purpose compost. But, the cheapest delivery charge I can find is £20,
which
seems kind of expensive for say a 75l bag that costs £4.

Any ideas please?

http://www.taxi-vans.com/index.cfm

Not a compost delivery service but they do mention garden centres as a
typical place they will collect from. You get an extra pair of hands
(the driver) to help you. I've not yet tried them but it's a good idea.
There'd be no harm in getting a quote to see if their service could meet
your needs.

Also, getting ONE bag delivered for 20 quid carriage is expensive, but ...
who only needs one bag?

:-)

--
Brian