Old 01-05-2006, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NC

Default 1st Tumbler Tomato

Springtime wrote:
My first Tumbler tomato is going red (hanging basket in heated greenhouse -
sown last week in January) and I've picked my 4th cucumber.
The Shirley tomatoes are up to their 5th truss - flowers set up to the 4th
truss.
My big challenge is the sweet/& hot peppers - they look a little sorry for
themselves after an attack of greenfly - I've planted them in the greenhouse
border, any tips to help them on their way.
because of the hosepipe ban I have had to switch off the automatic
irrigation system - I think this has actually made me more diligent when
watering and probably accounts for the healthier plants this year.
SH

excellent... Mine are just babies in comparrison !
I started the first batch from seed about a month ago, only 3 have come
on and made decent plants. I then planted another load about 2 weeks
ago, about 10 of those have now planted on to 3" pots.
I assume you also started from seed ?? Would you mind describing the
potting on process you went through ? How big were they when you planted
them on to their final resting place ?? Do you hve only one plant per
basket ?