Old 02-05-2006, 12:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Buffalo or Blue Gramma?

Hiya,
I'm looking to replace a fescue lawn in NM with either Buffalo Grass (Legacy
or Prestige) or Blue Gramma (Hachita). I'm in a bit of a quandry as the
gramma will grow better in my soil but I've heard it's a bit "hard" for lack
of a better term. I've got a dog and I'd like to be able to take a stroll
once in a while in my barefeet. Buffalo seems to fit the bill better in
that regard but is not as good a grower in sandy soils. Just wondering
what any of you with the same quandry did and any recommendations?
Cheers,
cc