Old 15-03-2003, 12:56 PM
Dwayne

Default Water Restrictions

Can you put a 55 gallon drum that has been emptied, under your down spouts
on the house and save your rain water (when you get it). Rain water is
better for your plants anyway. They can be fixed up with faucets or other
ways to get the water out when you need it.

Good luck. Dwayne

"Repeating Decimal" wrote in message
in article ,

George
at
wrote on 3/14/03 7:52 PM:

In metro Denver.......No watering except for trees and shrubs. Fines to
$500 apply. Reservoirs are at 43% capacity and dropping. There goes my
garden for this year. I'll set out a few tomato plants and hope for
rain, but if it's anything like last year, it's futile. Reminds me of
1933.

I hear that hydroponic gardening is easy on water usage. And I believe

that
it should be. Nevertheless, every time I have to top off my reservoir when
transpiration take my water, I become doubtful. It happens about once or
twice a week depending upon how hot it is. Maybe I use about 20 gallons

each
time for a 6 by 8 foot greenhouse.

Has there been a definitive study on comparing hydroponic water usage
compared to drip irrigation?
\
Bill