Old 01-05-2006, 11:24 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

Default Crab grass!

wrote:
-snippage-
Hi Trader.
I may pull a remaining clump and take it to the local state agri

service for identification, as I've been curious as to exactly what
this is for awhile. Quack grass is on my list of possibilities too.

It might be quack if it hasn't gone to seed yet, or it could also be some
sort of bizarre annual rye, or blue...or, if it is or has seeded. (?)

As someone else has already suggested, the only way to attempt a control of
an annual grass infestation is with a late summer pre-emergent crabgrass
control product application. (the same product you'd use in the spring)

You have to lay it down before the annual grasses re-germinate....otherwise
their whole life cycle starts over. (timing is critical)

It's a real problem to deal with, if you're going for a mono-strand look.