Old 15-03-2003, 12:56 PM
Craig Brye

Default apon flowering again...how to plant seeds?

Let the seed pods (fruit) open by themselves, which they will do when the
seeds are ready. The seeds will then float to the surface of the water
where they will germinate (and can then be sown). You'll want to collect
the seeds (put the seeds where you want them to grow, or can be placed in a
small fish bowl until roots appear) rather quickly after they have floated
to the surface because they will lose their germination rather quickly.

This can really be a difficult task at best to perform. Germination rates
are usually very low unless you have strong lighting and a temperature at 30
degrees C or higher.

Hope this helps... Good Luck!

--
Craig Brye
University of Phoenix Online

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in message
. ca...
In my 48 gallon at work, the apon sent up another stalk (did it a few

months
ago too) and is flowering. It took 3 days to grow over 2 feet!

Anyways...how
does one plant the seeds from the flower? We tried drying out the flower

and
taking the tiny black seeds from the pods and scattering them around in

the
gravel...but...we're still not sure what the seeds looked like--or if the
pods were the seeds themselves??

Anyone have any experience with apons?

Thanx!!