Old 01-05-2006, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tom&barbara

Default Doggy poop disposal

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message . com
from "tom&barbara" contains these words:

Anyone have any ideas about getting rid of dog poops. I have two Jack
Russells that seem to do copious amounts of the stuff in the garden. I
have tried the doggy loo thing which seems to be useless as I spend
endless time filling it with water in an attempt to flush it away. It
just isn't efficient and doesn't seem to work.

I've never heard of people adding water to them..surely the contents
are just dry, left t
of earth over each addition. When it's full start another hole.

Janet

Hi Janet,

It's a bio dog loo. Basically you fill the bottom bit with water and
put some bio-activator in it (environmental friendly chemical) and then
add the dog poos. The bio activator decomposes it quickly supposedly
:-( You are supposed to flush it through every two weeks and add
more chemical. Mine just isn't working even though we followed the
instructions to the letter when installing it. I have to use the hose
pipe to flush it through and that is definitely not enviro friendly
these days, not the amount of water I am having to use to flush it away
anyway. :-(

I Could try digging it in I suppose.

Gail