Old 01-05-2006, 11:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis

Default Beetles, Acers and well

On Mon, 1 May 2006 22:12:42 +0100
"StsAlive" wrote:

[]
per the Acer what you see is one of only two branches out of a total of ten
that have good buds very close to breaking out. The other branches show
absolutely no signs of bud movement at all. This time last year all braches
were virtually in full leaf.

[]

It's doing much better than my A. shirasawanum 'Aureum.' Only
one tiny branch way on the bottom is coming out at all. The other
buds appear dead. I'm hoping that I'll soon see the "emergency"
buds, but... It's been a miserable winter for maples.

On the other hand A. shirasawanum 'Autumn Moon' is just fine,
confirming that it's relatively tougher than 'Aureum.'

Is yours actually the species?

-E

--
Emery Davis