Old 02-05-2006, 06:08 AM posted to fj.life.in-japan,uk.rec.gardening
Louise Bremner

Default What kind of tree is this?

Declan Murphy wrote:

Louise Bremner wrote:
Declan Murphy wrote:
I thought I did warn youse. In the original post if I recall correctly,
which I must admit I don't always manage to do.

You did, but in the very last line which could easier have been skipped
over. I did wonder why you were cross-posting to a UK group....

Good point. I chose the UK group because after a week of browsing it
seemed a little better than the other NG I browsed. Maybe that nation
of gardeners cliche has something to it.

Most of our regular fj.life-in-japan posters wouldn't know a garden if it
grew under their tatami.

That's no excuse.

One of my neighbours raises strawberries in old tatami (outside).
Unlikely to ever read fj though.

You could take one of the photos to a garden shop, claiming you took it
while out for a walk in the neighbourhood and want to buy a similar
shrub for your garden. Make some excuse to abandon the quest after
learning the name of it but before actually buying it....

Louise Bremner (log at gol dot com)
If you want a reply by e-mail, don't write to my Yahoo address!