Old 02-05-2006, 07:00 AM posted to fj.life.in-japan,uk.rec.gardening
Scott Reynolds

Default What kind of tree is this?

Louise Bremner wrote:

Doesn't it have a little rectangular thingie in the middle of the
viewfinder and/or LCD screen? Or manual focusing? Or maybe you should
try putting a plain board close behind the subject, if all else fails.

Is manual focusing even possible with the midrange digital cameras they
sell these days? Mine has a neat zoom feature, but I don't think it has
manual focus.

Of course, the super expensive ones that are designed to look like SLRs
have manual focus, I'll bet. Heck, if you pay enough you'd probably be
able to buy one that didn't have autofocus at all.

Scott Reynolds