Old 02-05-2006, 12:41 PM posted to rec.gardens,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions
Rosalie B.

Default Why Don't Kids Do Chores Anymore?

"toypup" wrote:

"Sue" wrote in message
My oldest daughter would love to babysit, but today's mommies don't tend
to leave the baby's side for a minute. So finding customers has been rather
hard for her. She has a news paper route though.

I don't tend to want highschoolers. I'm sure some are very mature, but I
prefer older babysitters, as I know many other moms do.

My sister babysat a lot in hs - I didn't do as much. Mostly New Years
Eve as a last resort kind of thing.

I didn't use babysitters much as most of the time I would take the
children to the base nursery instead of getting sitters. I didn't much
care for the older ladies because I wasn't sure they would do things
as I wanted, because things changed since they had their children.
Also they cost more.

DD#1 was babysitting by the time she was 11 - at least with her own
siblings for short periods (half an hour) and a little later for the
lady down the street. So after that I almost never had sitters.

grandma Rosalie