Old 02-05-2006, 03:06 PM posted to alt.building.landscape,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,alt.landscape
Michael Keefe

Default Help! Suggestions/advice please for installing posts for yardfence in rocky ground?

On 5/2/06 2:26 AM, in article , "Ken
Moiarty" spewed forth this gibberish...

I'm looking at having to replace the wooden fence enclosing my backyard.
It was built at the same time the house was built (back in the late
eighties/early nineties). Aside from the fact that this fence was never
built very well to begin with, it has rotted to the point to where I have no
choice but to replace it before next winter. Wouldn't be a big deal except
that I will have to install all new posts, which means the digging of new
post holes in ground I painfully only know too well to be riddled with large
"auger-stopping" rocks.

I'd rent a small excavator to dig the holes if there's more than say 10.