Old 02-05-2006, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
david taylor

Default Taking the P*** ?

Urine contains urea-nitrogen-good as an accelerator on the compost heap, and
on plants if indirectly applied. Chaps can do it.
It is also the way we excrete potassium. Warm blooded creatures have less
need for it than plants. I guess urine is the main source of potassium in
manures.
Regards
David T
"shazzbat" wrote in message

"KK" wrote in message
Hello - I read somewhere that urine is a good fertiliser, and is
particularly good on the compost heap ??

Is this true - or is someone taking the ****

Some say it's "too strong" to use undiluted. I remain to be convinced
about that, but anyway, get half a bucket of water, pee in it, and empty
the bucket onto the compost. That's what I do on the allotment, as do many
others.

Steve