Old 02-05-2006, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Halmyre

Default Scarifying

Hello,

Our lawn badly needs scarifying. I hired one of those little electric
scarifiers but I think it would have expired and died long before it
made any difference!

So the question is, I have seen advertised a scarifying attachment for
petrol rotary lawnmowers - basically a metal bar with a spring-loaded
tine at each end. Does anyone here have any experience of these? Is
there any reason to think the rotary action would be less affective or
more damaging than a cylinder-type action?

Thanks in anticipation.

--
Halmyre

ceci, n'est pas un signature