Old 02-05-2006, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default compost for home delivery

"Brian Watson" wrote
"Paul Corfield" wrote

http://www.taxi-vans.com/index.cfm

Not a compost delivery service but they do mention garden centres as
a typical place they will collect from. You get an extra pair of
hands (the driver) to help you. I've not yet tried them but it's a
good idea. There'd be no harm in getting a quote to see if their
service could meet your needs.

Also, getting ONE bag delivered for 20 quid carriage is expensive, but
... who only needs one bag?

I've not tried them but don't any of the big supermarkets sell compost?
They seem to sell almost everything else these days. P'raps you can
check their online service - I don't think the delivery charges are very
high and sometimes you can find a voucher for £5 off your first order.

Alternatively, one could make a gardening friend who has a car and offer
to share petrol expenses.

--
Sue