Old 02-05-2006, 03:32 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjedmond
You may be confusing P. Congesta, ans P Astrovaginata. They are one and tghe same. Unfortunately this is a ersult of all the naming problems associated with the identification of a plant that may not flower for in excess of 100 years.
I saw the (labelled as) "P. congesta" at Kew Gardens (London) this weekend. It was the most memorable of all the stands, with the fattest culms at Kew (about 2" diameter). According to Whittaker's "Hardy Bamboos" this is an old name for P. atrovaginata. My girlfriend thought it exceptionally nice, but agreed it was a good thing we didn't have it in the garden...