Old 02-05-2006, 04:02 PM posted to rec.gardens,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions
Cathy Kearns

Default Why Don't Kids Do Chores Anymore?

"Sue" wrote in message
My oldest daughter would love to babysit, but today's mommies don't tend

leave the baby's side for a minute. So finding customers has been rather
hard for her. She has a news paper route though.

My oldest daughter turns down babysitting jobs constantly, and only
occasionally babysits for one family down the street. She started sitting
for the when she was 14, and is now 16. They are now 7 and 12. Her friends
who like babysitting are overwhelmed with offers. However, these aren't
diaper aged kids, they are 4 and up.