Old 02-05-2006, 04:59 PM posted to rec.gardens,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions
Sue

Default Why Don't Kids Do Chores Anymore?

"toypup" wrote in message
I don't tend to want highschoolers. I'm sure some are very mature, but I
prefer older babysitters, as I know many other moms do.

My preferable age for a sitter was 13-16. Any older than that and they are
interested in boys, being on the phone, and/or having more of a social life
than sitting. I have had great experiences with sitters of this age group,
as they love to sit and play with the kids and will do stuff with them,
rather than sitting them in front of the TV. Then if you go any older, then
it costs an arm and a leg to have a sitter come in.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)