Old 02-05-2006, 05:32 PM posted to rec.gardens,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions
toypup

Default Why Don't Kids Do Chores Anymore?

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
I didn't use babysitters much as most of the time I would take the
children to the base nursery instead of getting sitters. I didn't much
care for the older ladies because I wasn't sure they would do things
as I wanted, because things changed since they had their children.
Also they cost more.

We don't use sitters much, either, just one college age one who fills in.
We do have a dcp who is a mother with grown children, but being that she is
professional, she does respect our wishes WRT the kids.