Old 15-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Chase Williams

Default HELP! Which UV Sterilizer to get!!!

Please help!
Our old UV Sterilizer was a cheapie Azoo Hurricane, which did the job,
but broke last fall (quartz shattered.) The weather will warm into
the 70's here in Ohio this weekend and I need to get something quick.
Our pond is 1200 gallons, 3-4' deep, has a small mechanical filter and
a 600 gal. per hr. pump. It is in full sunlight and is about 6 years
old. No matter what I've tried, the water will get green if I don't
use a UV sterilizer. I have about 6 large koi and around 10 goldfish
of varying sizes, and the pond is fully stocked with oxygenator plants
and lilies.
The pump is at the bottom of the pond inside a mechanical "box" filter
- pushes the water up and out of the pond using 3/4" tubing to a
medium waterfall. The old UV sterilizer was tied in behind the
waterfall.
Here's my criteria:
Budget- up to $150 including shipping.
Waterproof (the Azoo had to be plugged into a transformer, then an
extension cord - I'd rather not do that if I can help it.
(The pond is about 10 feet from a power outlet.)
Must do a good job and require little maintenance.

If you fine folks could please point me to a brand, model and store to
order from, I'd appreciate it VERY much (and so would my fish!)
Thanks so much,
-Chase