Old 02-05-2006, 11:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill Davis Jr

Default Landscape question

On Tue, 02 May 2006 03:57:19 GMT, "Travis M."
wrote:

"Bill Davis Jr" wrote in message

I have a question about mulching. I moved into an old house a
year
ago. It has a flower bed on both sides as well as the front. I
would
like to put something down to retain moister.

Last year it was very dry and this year so far we have had very
little rain. I was told that putting mulch against the house
was a
bad idea as it will draw termites. This house had little
termite
damage in the past. And before we moved in we had a termite
treatment done.

Are there alternatives that I can do?

Thanks,

Bill

The soil level (including the mulch) should be 6 to 8 inches
below the level of the siding.

That would not be a problem there. I have not measured it but it is at
least 16 to 20 inches.