Old 15-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Default how old before koi breed?

I experienced the same with my pond. Told a fellow ponder and he came over.
We found fish eggs all over the pond. Of course the Koi ate most of them by
the time he came over.

Look in the roots of your Hyacinth or other plants that the fish have been
attacking recently and you should find eggs if they were spawning.
--
_______________________________________
"Architecture is the ultimate erotic 'object'."

Bob wrote in message ...
Have noticed some strange behavior this morning....there's definately
some chasing going on. 2 particular koi seem to be the ones being
chased. We got these fish last spring...at that time they were about
6 inches long and now they're 12 inches or better. I was under the
impression that they had to be 4 or 5 years old before they would
breed. Is this just adolescent play? Water temperature is about 65
degrees here on the Gulf and fish have been active for about a month
now.. Anyone know about this?
Pondering.....
You may see our pond at:

www.gulftel.com/seadogs