Old 03-05-2006, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
storm

Default dwarf peach trees

Hi there
I have a very new pair of dwarf peach trees - I bought them about 3
weeks ago form the same nursery, and they're identical. They're called
Terrace Diamond I think!
One of them is going great guns, many flowers and new leaves sprouting.
The other? Nada, nothing, zip. It sits there, dormant maybe, maybe
dying, I dunno! When I very lightly scraped a little of the bark away
on a branch it was still green, but a couple of the lower branches
appear to be dead at the very tips only. It has many closed buds, but
there are no obvious signs of life.
I rang the nursery who were a little brusque with me, telling me that
this was perfectly normal, and that if nothing had happened in a
month's time then I could take it back, but I was being impatient to
worry about it now.
It seems odd to me that 2 identical trees should blossom up at
differing times, so I'm asking you good people to offer an opinion!
What do you think? worrying unnecessarily, or justified concern.
Symmetry is important to me on my terrace so I shall be cross if I have
one tree a couple of months behind the other!
Many thanks
lynne