Old 03-05-2006, 02:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default Ants !

"adm" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

adm wrote:
Dear All,

I have several ant nests in my lawn - they kick up a lot of very fine
earth
and make the lawn lumpy. Is there anything that can be done to get rid
of
them ?

When I was a kid we used to pour boiling water over them. Whether it
actually works or not I don't know.

Oh well - it's worth a go I suppose.

I was kind of wondering if anyone had any experience of suing chemicals or
nematodes for example....

I am told that suing sodium tetraborate (borax) the main ingredient of
Nippon is effective. I do not know whether it's the boron that kills em or
the fact that the stuff is alkaline.
Either way do not try *suing* the chemical company if it does not work.