Old 03-05-2006, 08:37 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default little giant pond pump pmo-650

Hi,

I had a little giant submersible pond pump, model # PMO-650. It's been
tripping my GFCI, so I decided to pull it apart to see if water had got to
it.

This pump is enclosed in a plastic case, the back half of which is sealed
air-tight by O-rings. When I opened it, there was a kind of
vacuum-"thook" shound, and then a fluid ran out. The fluid had the
consistency and appearance of water. There was a very minor rusty
appearance to some of the internal parts.

Was the fluid in fact water that had leaked into the pump? Or is it some
kind of lubricant/oil? Whatever it is, it's spilled out, so it's gone now.

Thanks,
Scott

Posted using Android Newsgroup Downloader:
.... http://www.sb-software.com/android