Old 03-05-2006, 03:59 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Darryl

Default Weed killer for lawns???

Nicole wrote:

Here's the site for Ohio (cooperative extensions are a plethora of free
info)
http://extension.osu.edu/lawn_and_garden/index.php

Trade names for triclopyr- Garlon, Weed B Gone and Turflon
http://plantfacts.osu.edu/faq/displa...arch%20Archive

How can I control clover in my lawn?

Clover is a bit like wild violets in the lawn - you have to decide whether
you consider it a weed or a flower to be enjoyed.

I enjoyed wild violets until they spread like a cancer across my lawn,
overwhelming the grass. The violets forced me to choose between
violets or grass, so.....

I, too, found out that standard broadleaf just bounced off it until I
started using one that contained triclopyr, from Home Depot. It's the
one that DOESN'T have a picture of a dandelion on it. That should make
it easier to find.