Old 03-05-2006, 08:26 PM posted to aus.gardens
Dave Turner

Default white ants

"Geoff & Heather" wrote in message
Don't you remember that Myth Busters show where they measured the growth
of peas subject to various types of music - I think Heavy Metal provided
the best results - soothing orchestral stunted growth.

I guess it all depends if the tree has grown up on Hard Rock :-)

yeah I watched that episode with great interest. I live and breathe music
but the Mythbusters test wasnt very scientific - they were pretty much just
comparing different types of music - classical vs rock etc, rather than
actually figuring out or explaining what exactly it is about the music that
was actually stimulating plant growth