Old 03-05-2006, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h)

Default Planting tom seeds direct into ground?

I am planning to sow my tomato seeds next week end - I am probably
horribly late in doing so. I have no greenhouse, so can do either of
two things - use a few windowsills in my unheated porch to germinate
and grow on the seedlings till ready to plant, or sow straight into the
ground. Is the latter totally daft?

Lastly, regardless of how I get the seedlings, how will toms perform in
an open garden in the midland of Ireland? I have no greenhouse, but I
have good well drained soil in full sun in my garden, and things such
as courgettes do wonderfullly well in it.

Any comments and/or advice?

TIA

Cat(h)