Old 03-05-2006, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French

Default Planting tom seeds direct into ground?

In message . com,
"Cat(h)" writes
I am planning to sow my tomato seeds next week end - I am probably
horribly late in doing so. I have no greenhouse, so can do either of
two things - use a few windowsills in my unheated porch to germinate
and grow on the seedlings till ready to plant, or sow straight into the
ground. Is the latter totally daft?

I think you are best doing it pots in the porch, much more likley to
have success, and get them off to a good start.

Lastly, regardless of how I get the seedlings, how will toms perform in
an open garden in the midland of Ireland? I have no greenhouse, but I
have good well drained soil in full sun in my garden, and things such
as courgettes do wonderfullly well in it.

Should be ok.
--
Chris French